Coffee spilled on iPhone 5s
aec151

Last week coffee spilled on my phone. We hurried and got it out of the case, turned it off and dried it as best we could. I didn't use it for a few hours. When I turned it back on, everything works, but the sound is low and when I play videos it sounds tinny. However, I can hear clearly peoples voices when I get phone calls. What can I do to get sound back to normal?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Coffee spilled on iPhone 5s
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi aec51!

I'm so sorry to learn of the damage your phone suffered from the coffee! Thanks to mama23dogs for the reply! Liquid damage is something that isn't repairable, so your best bet would be to file an insurance claim. If you carry insurance, please contact Asurion at phoneclaim.com/verizon or call 888-881-2622.
If you don't have insurance on the device, you can call #UPG to check eligibility for an upgrade at a discounted price. You can also check My Verizon at vzw.com for upgrade eligibility. I hope this information is helpful.

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

IF you have insurance you my be able to pay the deductable and get a replacement.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi aec51!

I'm so sorry to learn of the damage your phone suffered from the coffee! Thanks to mama23dogs for the reply! Liquid damage is something that isn't repairable, so your best bet would be to file an insurance claim. If you carry insurance, please contact Asurion at phoneclaim.com/verizon or call 888-881-2622.
If you don't have insurance on the device, you can call #UPG to check eligibility for an upgrade at a discounted price. You can also check My Verizon at vzw.com for upgrade eligibility. I hope this information is helpful.

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
aec151

I do have insurance. I had one of our IT guys at work take out the SIM card to see if there was any water damage. No damage. He looked at the speakers and such and told me it looked clean. FYI, our company uses primarily iPhones so he was familiar with the phone. I have to find the loudest ringtone so I can hear it, but the sounds on Facebook and I Heart Radio are tinny. I tried the earbuds and the sound was normal

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Liquid damage voids warranty and has zero resale or trade in value.  You might want to use the insurance.

0 Likes
aec151

I probably will. But I heard that this is a common problem with iPhones. I'll probably get replacement but when my contract is up, I'm going back to Samsung. iPhones are not what they're cracked up to be.

0 Likes
frommage
Contributor - Level 2

aec151 wrote:

I probably will. But I heard that this is a common problem with iPhones. I'll probably get replacement but when my contract is up, I'm going back to Samsung. iPhones are not what they're cracked up to be.

Common problem? So they are supposed to be resistant to coffee spills?

0 Likes
aec151

Sorry. I didn't mean the spill. I meant the sound quality. Hopefully spills aren't common. Wrote this early in the morning before my coffee

0 Likes