Conflict with Verizon over Apple Product Promotions
autisticone

On-line, Verizon was offering, even up to earlier today, the purchase of a new I-phone 6S, 16Gb, for $200 plus a new two-year contract. Last week when I tried to order under those provisions, I was told that Verizon did not support the minimum payment-new two-year plan; moreover, when I had requested a quote for a new I-Pad Air 2, 16gb, to take advantage of Verizon's offer (on screen) to deduct $300 from the purchase price of any new I-Pad with the purchase of a new I-Phone, Verizon had sent me a text confirmation so that the cost of the pad would be $129.99 with a new two-year contract for the pad. The offer sounded too good to pass up, so I phoned Verizon Customer Service to order the package. However, I was informed that the deal could not go through, that their representative had been mistaken in pricing the package. The conflict is that Verizon was, and still is, offering $200 off of the I-Pad already with a new two-year contract, whole at the same time offering $300 off with the purchase of any new I-phone. However, that is how the bundle prices out. I won't stop using Apple products--but I am shopping around for a new wireless service for our five phones.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Conflict with Verizon over Apple Product Promotions
Snn5
Legend

Verizon doesn't offer contracts online anymore.  Only in-store, only if a current out-of-contract customer, and only if you ask for it.

Weth
Legend

AAll the other providers are getting rid of contracts also.

AND it is too good to be true, when you price everything out and the higher monthly access fees you pay on contract, you do end up paying full price and end up paying more on contract with the deceptively cheaper phone  than the new plans with payment plans over 24 months.  Make sure you calculate how much you will pay over 24 months in each scenario. 

autisticone

Actually, last week, there were three options: a month to month 2-year payment plan, a new contract for two-years with a minimal downpayment, or an outright purchase at full price for either the phone or I-pad. I am a current Verizon customer with at least two of our five lines on contracts as in option two above and the other three on month to month. While advertising a $200 deduction for purchase of any I-Pad and a new two-year contract, Verizon was also offering an "additional" $300 discount for the purchase of the new I-Pad if you also purchased a new I-Phone.

0 Likes