Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Contact uses a tracfone, does not receive text messages but sent messages show on iPhone 6
Bunifufu

As recently as 2 weeks ago, text messages where working to and from this contact. His carrier with Tracfone is AT&T.

I've already done some troubleshooting:

• I am able to receive messages from my contact with the Tracfone, and it appears to send the message. But he never receives it.
  • He is able to send/receive messages from other contacts - including contacts with plans, and contacts with straighttalk/prepaid.
  • I am able to send/receive texts from other contacts - including those with plans and those with prepaid.straighttalk/prepaid.
  • He is not able to receive a group message from me, although other contacts do.
  • I am able to send/receive group messages from other contacts - including those with plans and those with prepaid.
  • I have tried with iMessage turned on and with it turned off.
  • I have tried with MMS messaging  turned on and with it turned off.
  • I've verified the number is not listed as blocked.
  • I've deleted and recreated the contact and verified the number is correct.
  • Cellular data is enabled, as is LTE voice & Data.
  • I have service, and have not received any red exclamation points indicating failed to send.
  • I've already tried turning the device on and off.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Contact uses a tracfone, does not receive text messages but sent messages show on iPhone 6
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support
This very strange Bunifufu! Thanks for the troubleshooting steps you have performed. We definitely want your messages to work with all your contacts! What is your phone model? What software version is installed on it? This information will allow us to check for similar issues in our resources for you specific phone model.  AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Re: Contact uses a tracfone, does not receive text messages but sent messages show on iPhone 6
Bunifufu

Thank you for your reply. The phone model is: iPhone 6 64GB Space Gray (CDMA) Verizon Wireless MG632LL/A. The software version is: iOS 8.2 (12D508)

I will be sure to reply to this thread if it should become resolved at any point. If you have further troubleshooting suggestions, please let me know.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support
Bunifufu, we appreciate you providing us with your phone type details. That is definitely odd that this is occurring. Just in case, what type of phone does the other user own? While it is strange they aren't receiving your messages, and that your phone displays sent. (Especially if the other person uses an iPhone and iMessaging too) There may  be an issue on their end if it is indeed sending correctly on your end.  NicandroN_VZW  Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport  If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Bunifufu

The model of the other person's phone is a Samsung, #SGH-T245G. While I've considered it may be on his end, it is strange that he is able to get text messages from others, and until about 2 weeks ago could get messages from me. It may or may not be related, but I'm fairly certain I upgraded to the iOS 8.2 sometime after the last successful message to him.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support
Ah, I see. Bunifufu, do any of your messages contain extra emoticons/emojis, or signatures? This can definitely play a role with this issue. Did the other user at some point ever have an iPhone linked with their number? NicandroN_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes