Continue Using Old Devices?
RWild

After some major hassles over inaccurate shopping information and mixed-up device phone numbers, finally managed activate my new phone and tablet.  I would like to continue using the old devices as wifi only.  The idea is use use them in the house without having to pay additional access charges.  Is this as easy as turning off "Cellular Data" in Settings (they are Apple devices)?

TIA

Whatever by userID is here

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Continue Using Old Devices?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rwild, it's exciting to hear that you purchased new devices and my apologies for the issues you had activating them. You can certainly continue using your old phones on WiFi if you would like, we do recommend to put them on airplane mode so it doesn't confuse our network with your new devices.Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

GersonG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Continue Using Old Devices?
mama23dogs
Legend

Your SIM card with your number can only be active on one phone at a time.  If your old devices have a SIM card still, it is inactive and will not get any cellular signal.   It may say emergency calls only in the top bar.

IF you still have active number on those cell phones, remove the SIM card to use on wifi only.

0 Likes