Customer Service
Aprrose1970

Sooo my frustration level is beyond my personal limit when it comes to abhorrent customer service. I've been saving up my device dollars for more than a year. I distinctly remember ensuring I could spend the device dollars in the store, including accessories. I finally had enough saved to get a pair of headphones and a charging cord. Went to check out and I couldn't use my $85 device dollars. I immediately chatted with customer service (couldn't call anyone it was after phone hours). They apologized and understood. They said that customer service could apply my device dollars to my bill, as a courtesy, but I would have to call in. They provided me the number. Three days ago I called. My wait time was estimated at 8-12 minutes. I waited 45 minutes but NO ONE EVER PICKED UP. When I hung up, I received a text that said I could schedule a call back. So I said as soon as possible and got a wait time of 6 minutes. Phone never rang but I got a voicemail. When I tried to call back, no answer. The next day I didn't even try to call as I was so frustrated and not in the proper mood to deal with it. Yesterday, I called in again. Wait time estimated at 6-10 minutes. I gave it 15 minutes but NO ONE EVER PICKED UP. Having learned my lesson from the previous attempt, I hung up so I could get the text to have them call me. I got a call back in one minute. Huh? Where were you when I was on hold? Anyhow, explained the situation to the customer service person who was obnoxious and condescending. She transferred me to the Device Dollars department. Tried to explain but was constantly interrupted and again talked to like I'm stupid. She continuously read from the script rather than listen and have a conversation with me. I can't tell you how many times she explained how device dollars work READING her script. I finally asked for her supervisor. She then got on the line and I asked her if she was up to date with my concern - she provided a brief but incorrect rundown and then proceeded to read me the same script. I interrupted her and explained from the beginning. She then tried to read me the same script again and I told her I wasn't stupid and I don't need her to recite it again as I'd already heard it several times. She then said I'm not saying your stupid I just want to make sure we are all on the same page. At that point I asked for her supervisor. I wasn't gonna put up with anymore discourtesy. She said she was part of the leadership team and had no supervisor to communicate with me. I replied, everyone has a supervisor. She then said she could set up a return call but it would take 72 hours and she wouldn't be able to schedule a specific time. To clarify, I asked if this would be her supervisor and she admitted it would not be it would be a peer from her same team. I'm through. Has anyone ever run into this??? Short of reaching out directly to corporate, what more can I do? BTW, not that it matters, everyone deserves courteous service, I have been a Verizon customer since cell phones became available. I have highly recommended them in the past - in my line of work, I meet and work with a lot of people - not anymore. Thanks in advance to anyone who has any suggestions.

0 Likes
Re: Customer Service
Aprrose1970

I'm sorry, one more thing.  The supervisor in Device Dollars offered to transfer me back to customer service but I would have to wait on hold and ask for a supervisor myself.  When she transferred me the automated message said Hello Diane (NOT ME) and asked for my pin.  I inputted my pin and it said I was wrong.  OIC, it recognized the supervisor in device dollars the system recognized.  Great.  Hang up, call back, wait on hold, someone did pick up this time.  I had to explain the whole situation AGAIN as she wouldn't just transfer me to a supervisor.  She was very sweet and genuine and said, hey, how about upgrading your phone.  She could get me in the newest version of the SE for about $14 dollars as it was on sale.  I was so exhausted and she was very kind, I figured, fine.  After about fifteen minutes, it finally went through but now I was at $75 device dollars (where did $10 bucks go in the last few days?) and the phone would be $24 plus a connection fee, a two year contract, and $33 in taxes.  Nope.  Went from $14 to over $60.  I'm not looking for another contract.  Then she offered to take $6 off my bill every month for a year equaling $72.  I've already waited a year to spend my device dollars, not I need to wait another year to get them redeemed????  I even cried, and I don't cry easily, that's how frustrating this has become.  They can see the transcript of the chat that said I could use the device dollars on my bill - I confirmed they could - So Verizon doesn't have to follow-through with what they say but boy oh boy the customers have to follow-through on their contracts, don't they!

0 Likes
Doggo
Contributor - Level 3

It took under a minute to find this.

CzAkFcK.png

It clearly states that accessories aren't supported by device dollars. The wait is long because too many people are calling and there's not enough agents to handle that volume. People with real problems are waiting because others are occupying the lines when they shouldn't be.

Chat agents can promise the world, it doesn't change company policy. 

0 Likes
Aprrose1970

My real problem is worth $85. That’s a lot of money for me. If wait time is estimated, I will hold for about double that because I know everywhere has employee shortages. But not picking up at all after 45 minutes is inexcusable. Third, I know it says that clearly NOW about device dollars. How about over a year ago it said “in the store” which included accessories, when I started saving mine. Thanks for your time though. 

0 Likes