Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Customer Service
TimTravers

another story about the Verizon Bait and Switch Trade in

I was recently on the Verizon Website and was completely amazed that they were offering me $800 for my iphone 8 Trade in. for an iphone 12 pro... not even a iphone 13.  So I place my order .. from start to finish everything says that i will be getting $800 trade-in. my phone arrive in the mail and my invoice says I only get $400 Trade in.

I actually go to a Verizon store (not an authorized dealer) for help. the "Lady" doesn't even get off her stool and tells me to go outside and call 611 for help. She wouldn't even pull up my receipt or look at my account. i call 611 and Bob was very nice and courteous but told me I THAT I misunderstood what the website said. This was definitely not the case. I had been watching this promotion for awhile was waiting for the phones to come back in stock.

Since I was not getting what was promised to me I was going to return the phone. The Store I was at did not want to do the return and asked me if I would take the shipping label and box to a UPS Store and send it back... Remember I am at a VERIZON STORE!! I said no. they started my return.. the gentleman asked me to verify what I paid in taxes which I told him to check my receipt. I jokingly asked if he wanted me to pull up my banking and  show him the transaction and he responded YES THAT WOULD BE GREAT!! can you believe that... I pull it up and he then says .. Yes that is what your receipt shows. I WAS LIKE .. YOU ARE KIDDING ME!!!

I have been with Verizon for around 20 years. between 4 phones, ipads, etc I pay Verizon over $3,300 a year. For them to "Bait & Switch" for $400 just seems stupid. But I thought I would share 

I totally do not expect to hear a response from Verizon with the exception of... We are sorry you  feel you weren't handled correctly. we will make every effort to correct this situation.

Re: Customer Service
TimTravers

still no response from Verizon

Re: Customer Service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello TimTravers,

I would be concerned too if there was any issue with a trade in promotion! I do see we replied to a comment you had made in another thread about this concern. We are here to help! What day did you place your order? Have you already returned the equipment? 

-Christopher