DATA and SERVICE is slow i pay too much money to have this happen
ygarcia86

My phone has been extremely slow that's unacceptable for the amount I pay and the years with this carrier. it seems to be an issue many have when will this bee fixed or I need a credit.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: DATA and SERVICE is slow i pay too much money to have this happen
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

How slow? Is it all the time or just when you use it for certain activities?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ygarcia86

Its always slow i can be on wifi i can be on LTE 3g  and it Is slow to get the best performance i have to do a hard reset and that only last a few minutes i have deleted apps deleted text messages and pictures

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone model do you have? Slowness on a wifi connection isn't a cellular network problem.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

DAVBAL90

I have found the cellular data to be very slow. I have 3 bars and LTE and I still get the never ending spiral. It works fine over WiFi, but to stream video, check a sports score, it takes a looong time. I have been with Verizon for 10+ years. Is it time to switch? Is it an Apple issue? I am told by many of my friends that have iPhones and Verizon, the same issue is happening. I need a fix or I'm bailing.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

My iPhone 7 Plus works flawlessly on LTE as well as WiFi.

If you're having troubles with you Apple device, you should make an appointment and visit an Apple Store.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

It might be because the network has been modified in your area, perhaps frequencies / bands changed, or antennas changed or re-aligned, or power to the antennas manipulated. In general, you cannot say a change in signal strength means a change in speed though. It doesn't necessarily work like that.

What plans are you on? People with GoUnlimited plans for example have been reporting they are experiencing issues with "re-prioritization" (?) due to tower "congestion", such that their effective speeds are unusable for browsing the web, or even reading email.

If you aren't using a lot of data, I would perhaps try a modest "Limited" plan.

0 Likes
YANPAB17

Switched to Verizon from AT&T due to moving to an area where "only good reception carrier is Verizon". Big difference, not in a good way. Even when I had poor signal with AT&T it was faster than with Verizon. I have not seen my phone get LTE yet and I've had it close to 2 months. 1 -2 bars reception tops. Sad.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having fast speeds is crucial, ygarcia86. Ann154 asked a great question, as different devices have different options available on them. What make and model phone do you have? What data speeds are you getting?

LynnD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ygarcia86

I have an iphone 6s it usually says LTE but with only 2 bars and always has the loading buffering next to it also has been switching to 3g more frequently than normal it began after i updated to ios 11.1... when i attempt to send iMessages it also takes a long time to send the messages i have reset networking setting and have tried hard resets and switching on and off airplane mode

0 Likes