Re: Daily dropped calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Reliable service is definitely important Tree201, so I completely understand your concern. We definitely want to help put a stop to these dropped calls.

Where are you located when this happens (zip)? How long are you on the account before the call drops? Is this happening with every call you make or received? Or is it random?

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
WEISENCT

This happens to me daily as well. I have tried resetting the network settings and tried the enable LTE data only technique. Didn't work. This has been happening mostly when I receive calls in the 60631 area but happens all over as well. It never happened with my previous iPhones and started when I upgraded to iPhone 6s plus. Very frustrating as I use my phone for work and am constantly dropping calls for clients and prospects. I have read a few forums and nothing provides a solution. How can this be resolved?

0 Likes
Jodi9521

This happens every day to me also!!! I also switched last year because the service is so much better! NOT! Not only dropped calls daily, my phone can be sitting on the table right next to me and all of a sudden it will alert me that I have a voice message, the phone never rang once! Happened 2 times in 10 minutes last weekend! So damn annoying.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for providing me all of those details regarding your issues, WEISENCT. I was able to look for any known issues in your zip code and everything checks out. Let's figure out what is happening with this because you certainly should not experience services issues from one phone to the next. Does this only happen indoors? Are there other Verizon users experiencing the same issue?

JosephE_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
WEISENCT

I haven't documented every call but I'm usually inside because of work. I don't make many calls outside. I have only read about other users with the same issue. I don't know others in my network that experience the same thing. It seems to only happen on incoming calls.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@WEISENCT

Thanks for keeping me posted. Let’s take a closer look.

When placing calls, do you see an icon of phone right next to the WiFi indicator at the top of your screen? If so, that indicates the call is over WiFi. Also, are you connecting to a Network Extender at this location? You can confirm by dialing #48 and listening to the message. Please keep me posted.

AnthonyTa_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
WEISENCT

Not connected to wifi extender already dialed #48.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
RTLAKEWOOD

Both me and my husband are having problems in 44107 zip code.  I have called Verizon twice only to be told that I have only dropped one call this year - I dropped 3 calls before I called the first time.  I did try to look for the exteder with the #48 and am now logging my dropped calls it has gotten a little better but not much.  Price for service and phones are too high to have to deal with bad service.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RTLAKEWOOD

I know how important it is to have great service when you need it. Are you using a network extender at home? How many calls are dropping in any given day? Are you dropping calls when inside or outside?

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
PRICELESS90

I have been experiencing dropped calls recently.  I hit a 'dead zone' in the same spot everyday and it drops my call.  I have also experienced a dropped call in other areas recently.  What is going on?  I have never dropped a call with Verizon until very recently

0 Likes