Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Burn on Iphone 6
pagra

I purchased an iPhone 6 from Verizon when I renewed my contract for two years. I have never burned through this much data in my  history as a cell phone user.  I usually use under 2 GB but my last two billing cycles I've had to purchase extra data. I'm almost through 3 GB of data and I am a week away from the end of my billing cycle.

I called Verizon support and they gave me a list of things to do to restrict the use of data, all or most of which I implemented. But I have had to resort

to shut ting down my cellular data feature in order to not to go into a 4th GB. This is total nonsense.   I did not sign up for another two-year contract so that I could be billed an extra $30 a month.

Does anybody else have this problem and if so what did you do about it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Data Burn on Iphone 6
kaebfly
Leader

There have been a ton of threads on this and all over the Internet. The reasonings seem to vary but a true solution doesn't seem to exist outside of really monitoring your usage and doing the suggested "fixes" to limit use. Those that upgraded from a non-4G device tend to really be shocked by the data use increase. You can do a search on here to see if any of the threads offer suggestions you haven't tried yet. I really wish I knew what to tell you would work but since I don't have a tiered data plan I don't really monitor my usage. Anything I suggest would be from reading the responses on previous threads.

0 Likes
Re: Data Burn on Iphone 6
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

pagra,

We understand how important it is to get to the bottom of your data usage. Let's check into see what is using your data. If you go to Settings>Cellular, and scroll down, what are the top data consuming applications listed? What steps did the previous representatives have you take? Have you checked into the data utilization tool to see what is using the data also? http://vz.to/1O6zkGJ

LindseyT_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes