Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Usage?
WINWON31

The data usage format is TOTALLY unfair to us customers... Verizon sends us text alerts when we used 75% and 90% of data. But Verizon did not alert us when we reached 99%.  It will charge $15 the moment we overused even by just one byte. Customers don't have a choice to stop using data when it reaches 100%. That means we never can use all 100% of our data we pay for.  The Verizon Customer Service asked me to pay another $4.99 a month for the "Stop" service.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Data Usage?
naansalad

either you control your usage or use wifi or use family base .

once data is used and you are going over what's point to alert you then? if you don't like overage policy then you can go with a carrier who don't have usage but has slow network....choice is yours

0 Likes
smith6612

Sounds like a T-Mobile plan where you get throttled to 128kbps at 100% usage, or any Prepaid carrier (including Verizon) would work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We would never want you to go over WINWON31. We always want to make sure you are aware when you are getting close to your data. A great way to manage your account is to log into your My http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/myverizonlp/ Verizon. I personally have it set on my calendar before the bill cycle so if I need to make a change I can. Family https://my.verizonwireless.com/vzw/nos/safeguards/SafeguardProductDetails.action?productName=familyb...  Base is a great feature to help you manage your families data. The good news is you get the first month free.  Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes