Data allotment drain
Howho

My iPhone 5 is draining in 5-6 hours and I'm not using the data at all.  I start getting notices at 50% then 3 hours later the 2 gigs of data is gone and I haven't used any.  This has happeneened twice in the last two months all of my apps are close down Verison doesn't have a clue,  Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Data allotment drain
btcompute
Contributor - Level 2

Howho,

Have you tried monitoring your data usage by app on the phone?

If you go to Settings...Cellular, and scroll down the page, you will see a list of all your apps. The ones that have used cell data indicate how much they have used (74.2 KB, 1.5 MB, etc). You can turn off cell data for any apps you want to use only with wifi.

System Services, near the bottom of the list, will tell you what iphone processes (other than apps) used data.

At the bottom of the screen is a Reset Statistics option. You can reset this at any time to track data usage from that point on.

You may also want to log into your Verizon account online and see list of when and how much data was used. This might tell you how/when your high amounts of data were used.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

0 Likes
btcompute
Contributor - Level 2

Howho,

Have you tried monitoring your data usage by app on the phone?

If you go to Settings...Cellular, and scroll down the page, you will see a list of all your apps. The ones that have used cell data indicate how much they have used (74.2 KB, 1.5 MB, etc). You can turn off cell data for any apps you want to use only with wifi.

System Services, near the bottom of the list, will tell you what iphone processes (other than apps) used data.

At the bottom of the screen is a Reset Statistics option. You can reset this at any time to track data usage from that point on.

You may also want to log into your Verizon account online and see list of when and how much data was used. This might tell you how/when your high amounts of data were used.

Hope this helps

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Have you done a full wipe of the phone and set up as new?