Data plan seems unfair.
ODINPUPPY

I hardly use my phone, and then this moth I travelled to Hawaii and suddenly I am being charged $15 overage fee.  It makes no sense to me how I am eating up data and when I go into the store to ask the workers in the Verizon store tell me that my data usage is low, but apparently I am being charged extra money.  I pay $100. a month already...seems like an underhanded system.  It's very unclear as to what exactly is eating up data...NOT HAPPY

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Data plan seems unfair.
Weth
Legend

YYou iPhone tracks what apps are using data.  In settings / cellular scroll down and you will see apps.  The numbers are how much data each app has used since last manual reset.  Scroll all the way down to the bottom and you can reset numbers to zero.

DId you use maps in Hawaii? Facebook or another social media program?  

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Did you take photos/videos in HI? Do you have your backup setting such that it only backs up when on wifi? Backing up photos/videos while not on wifi CAN use a lot of data and photos are a popular thing in Hawaii. Where did you go? If on Maui, I highly recommend Hike Maui & Rappel Maui.

With Verizon's new plans, you can always activate safety mode to prevent from getting overage charges.Smiley Happy

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ODINPUPPY, lets put you back in control of your data. The community members have started down a good path with your data monitoring. Here are some additional tools to check your usage http://spr.ly/6586B0k5Y utiliza* http://spr.ly/6588B0k5m utilizat*

JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ODINPUPPY

I Only took maybe 5-10 pictures with my phone.  I took no videos. How do I turn off my phone from backing up photos and videos while not of wifi?

0 Likes