Data usage inaccurate
subhashp

online account shows 500mb (that right MB) of data used at 2pm on 7/7

I am at work and on work wifi around that time with phone in my pocket. 

Any one else see inaccurate data usage reported like this?

I had a similar issue once last year and now on 7/7/2015. I chatted with customer rep and logged a technical support ticket (still need to get ticket number in my email, not sure why i cant get a ticket number via chat.)

anyways waiting to see more info on this spike on usage.

Subhash

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Data usage inaccurate
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

So if you do this:

How to Check Data Usage on an iPhone: 5 Steps (with Pictures)

You're not able to see what has used the most data?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

subhashp,

We always want you to know how all of your data is being used. I can certainly assist you with how to identify that data usage. Apple makes this possible on all iPhone devices so you can track your usage independently of the carrier network under Settings>Cellular. On the bottom of that screen, you can see a listing of all apps that have used cellular data and how much. The listed apps there can also be restricted to wi-fi only on an individual basis that way if a wifi network you're connected to goes to sleep or shuts off, those restricted apps will not connect to the cellular data network in its absence. Our data utilization tool via My Verizon is another great way to see how your data is being used, you can view that information here:  http://vz.to/1S8XtMj

EbonyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Also your usage is not reported immediately. What you see on your bill at 2pm could have been used hours before, possibly even a day before depending on if you were connected to an extended network.

Your device could have done some updates in the background during the night without you knowing.

0 Likes
subhashp

thanks for the information. I am specifically interested in what got used on 7/7/2015 around 1:50 PM to 2PM.while i am at work on work wifi.

thanksSubhash

0 Likes
subhashp

thanks for the good information. I am interested in finding out what used up 500mb around 1.50pm to 2Pm on 7/7/2015. when i am at work and connected to work wifi. is there a way to do that?

thanks

Subhash

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

That is just when it was reported, that is NOT when it was used. You'd have to tell us or look on your mobile device under settings>usage or settings>cellular if you have an iPhone and tell us what used 500MB. It could have been done in the last 24 hours from 2pm, but it was NOT used AT 2pm. Usage does not get reported immediately.

0 Likes
subhashp

Thanks for the reply. good to know that the timestamp in verizon account usage doesn't indicate exact time of usage.

The point of this post is to see if i can find out what was reported in verizon, because i couldn't figure out 500 mb of usage in a single day. this never happened to me with any iphone since 2007.

Please guys be open minded, dont just try to convince me that i used 500MB. If i really did, there must be some internal app setting that i might have missed that goes around WIFI.

keep referring to settings>usage or settings>cellular. Nothing here indicate a usage by date or time it shows the total usage till date from last time we did the reset stats.

Again my point is none of the numbers tell me what app used up reported 500MB on lets say in last one week.

Subhash

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

So if you do this:

How to Check Data Usage on an iPhone: 5 Steps (with Pictures)

You're not able to see what has used the most data?

0 Likes