Data usage on Iphone X, why has it increased so much since I upgraded my daughters phone
TimFK

My daughter was gifted an IphoneX for Christmas and her usage of data, doing the exact same things has more then doubled?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Data usage on Iphone X, why has it increased so much since I upgraded my daughters phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TimFK, it sounds like your daughter is certainly enjoying her new phone! We know how important it is to manage data on a family plan, and we certainly want to do everything we can to help you find the answers that you deserve.  We’d like to gather some additional details to help us get to the root cause of this issue. Since she’s received her device, has there been any other changes regarding how or where she’s using her phone? We’d like to know if she still has the same access to Wi-Fi as she did prior as well.

Additionally, have you had a chance to look at the Data Utilization (https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/data-utilization-faqs/) tool to get a better idea of where the data usage is coming from? You’d also be able to get specific details right from her device by going into Settings > Cellular, and then scrolling down to see which apps have used the most data.

0 Likes
Re: Data usage on Iphone X, why has it increased so much since I upgraded my daughters phone
TimFK

My daughters is away at college all the wifi etc has remained the same.

Thank You

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TimFK,

It's great to hear she utilizes the campus Wi-Fi, but let's keep going forward on this. You'll need to have the phone with you (or have her check), but when you went to Settings > Cellular, what showed up as using the most mobile data? You may need to scroll down a bit, but do you see an option called "Wi-Fi Assist" in this same menu? If so, is it green or white?

RussellM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes