Re: Data usage with iPhone 6/6+
kwilliams31376
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got the phone in October. As of now I have used over 13GB of data. When I call into Verizon they don't seem to have an answer for me as to why I am using so much data. I just keep getting told that the charges are valid. I need someone to explain to me why this particular phone is using double the data as my old phone. Literally since I got the phone I have been using considerably more data than before.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Did you look at Settings/Cellular and then scroll to bottom. This will list all the apps and how much data each app is using. Which apps are using high amounts of data. There are reports that this can be a stuck email download or a stuck app update and it just keeps trying using up data. From this screen you can also turn off cellular data use for each individual app. You may also try rebooting the phone if you have not done that (home button held at same time of sleep/wake button for 10 seconds then let go). Also close each app first by double clicking on the home button and then swiping up each app to remove it from active memory.

Report back what apps are using the data.

Added:

Learn about cellular data settings and usage on your iPhone and iPad (Cellular Model) - Apple Suppor...

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

It's not normal.

You need to tackle this problem to Apple.  Updates seem to trigger the problems. 

Verizon can't service your phone, your warranty is covered by Apple.

This is a well known Apple problem.  It seems you have already tried the "turn off cellular and use on wifi" test.  If your phone functions on wifi, and you data usage is still high, at least one cause is crossed off the list.

Can can you look in cellular data usage to see which apps are using large amounts of data?

Have you tried:

1.   Hard reboot device.

2.   Changed settings within email and social networking to restrict video.

3    Restricted many apps to wifi only.

4.   Restore to factory, then set up as new.

last resort, take the phone to Apple Genius Bar For repair or replacement. 

0 Likes