Data usage
19weezie
Enthusiast - Level 1

I seem to be using way too much data! Any suggestions on how to set my phone properly! A suggestion on facebook said to shut off wifi assist! Help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Data usage
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand the frustration of using more data than normal.You can definitely turn off wifi-assist to help with data usage. Here are some steps vz.to/1RU8Vz2 . What phone do you have? Here are some tips to help with data usage vz.to/1GHDTDF .

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand the frustration of using more data than normal.You can definitely turn off wifi-assist to help with data usage. Here are some steps vz.to/1RU8Vz2 . What phone do you have? Here are some tips to help with data usage vz.to/1GHDTDF .

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Look in settings under cellular usage to see what is using the most data.  Those apps can be turned off, so you don't use them on cellular (wifi only)

IF your phone won't connect to wifi and still uses much to much data, it may be a faulty phone.  Factory reset.  Twice if you must.  If that doesn't fix it, contact Apple for a replacement.

0 Likes