Deactivated iPhone showing signal
lellie627

I upgraded to a new phone, and my old iPhone 5 still says "Verizon" in the upper left corner and shows several bars of signal. According to the Verizon rep I spoke to, it's been deactivated on my account and sure enough, it can't make phone calls. I've tried powering down and reseating the SIM card, but "Verizon" always pops back up. Anyone know how to fix this?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Deactivated iPhone showing signal
Snn5
Legend

If you only have 1 line you should only have one phone on.  If you plan to use the old phone as a mini-tablet or wifi/game only device, take out the other SIM.  Both SIMs are registered to your line if you only have one line and this will cause network confusion.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Are you using the same SIM in both devices?  It will always show signal reception, it's just that you aren't activated on the network for use. 

0 Likes
lellie627

Each device has its own SIM card.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

If you only have 1 line you should only have one phone on.  If you plan to use the old phone as a mini-tablet or wifi/game only device, take out the other SIM.  Both SIMs are registered to your line if you only have one line and this will cause network confusion.

0 Likes
D5y4nick
Enthusiast - Level 2

it will still show the signal the phone is getting, but if you try to make a call or load data, it will not work.

0 Likes