Re: Delay in receiving voice mail
RamblinMan
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been having this same issue for weeks.  Resetting network settings does nothing.   Sounds like just throwing things up against the wall hoping something will work.  Problem seems to be on your end, not our end.

Leroy99
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’ve also been having this problem for weeks.

Pretty lame answer of turn your WiFi off!  Really turn WiFi off and use cellular data all the time instead so you can charge us for going over?  Um, No!

1r1shgal

I have been having the same type of voicemail issues for weeks also... voicemails not showing up until days or maybe a week after they have been left. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that you're getting the assistance that you need, Leroy99.  Have you attempted this? CecileC_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

1r1shgal,

We can relate to your need to receive your voicemail messages in a timely fashion. When this happens are you connected to a WiFi network? Because voicemail is a cellular feature, your cellular network and data must be connected. What happens when you turn WiFi off, and have someone leave you a voice message?

KatiM_VZW

0 Likes
Nurserobot

This is happening to me, too. I missed a call from my work offering overtime pay, which I could have really used. I have an iPhone 7+. I have tried all of the suggestions in this thread. This happens when I’m on WiFi or LTE. I have no problem

with any other phone functions. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the information provided so far. We want to look further into what is going on with voicemail service. Do any other devices in the area have the same issues? Can we have your ZIP Code to look over the area? Is it happening only at your home location? We see a lot of troubleshooting has been attempted; has the device been factory reset? If this is done, please try your service before restoring your device to ensure it is tested as if it was new. Let us know if anything changes.

JavierD_VZW

0 Likes
pup975
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been having the exact same issues over the last 1-2 months on my iPhone X. I have missed some important voice messages due to this. They seem to come in batches to my phone. I've been on and off Wifi, so I don't think this is the issue. Today I got one voice message right away when I was on wifi and at the same time got a voice message from 1 week ago. Since I do get away from my house and drive to work every day, I am on the cellular network at least twice a day for 30 minutes at a time during my commute. With a lot of us having this issue including one of my coworkers who is also on Verizon, I do not think this is an issue of Wifi. There must be a network issue with Verizon that is causing this. 

0 Likes
ericamcp
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having this issue, too!  I just had 6 messages come thru some of them from March 11 thru today.  They come in batches.  Last time it was 7 messages at once, some of them were 3 weeks old.

ericamcp
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also did a factory reset due to this exact reason and spent hours on the phone.  I have missed messages that could have me lose my job.  This is serious.

0 Likes