Re: Delay in receiving voice mail
bobf8738
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem. Days go by before 1 or 2 voicemails make it through to me. Called myself and have left 2 voicemails both of which have yet to make it through to my actual iphone. When i called *86 i had 21 new messages dating back as far as March 30th!! Before you suggest your mailbox may have been full and thats why i wasnt notified, i deleted them all. Deleted my deleted. left myself a new message. and it still didnt come through. 

I have turned off my wifi. Restarted my phone (several times). turned my cellular data off then on. reset my networks settings. verified my notifications are on. 

I have completed the above steps SEVERAL times in all different orders just to verify im not missing anything. My phone is up to date on updates. And my cellular data does work because when wifi is off i can still use the internet to search. Now what?!

Locations my phone is typically being used is 92128 and 92064. San Diego county. Poway and Rancho Bernardo. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how crucial it is to receive your voicemails in a timely fashion, bobf8738. It's concerning to hear about the delays in receiving voicemails and I'm confident we can help. I'm glad to hear that you have been so proactive in troubleshooting. There is a known issue with some customer voicemails being delayed in relation to Apple iPhones. The issue is under investigation currently, however, we do not have a time frame for resolution right now. In the meantime, we would ask that you check that your operating system is fully up to date. You can check for an update by going to settings, general, software update. If an update is available, please have it applied and then ensure Wi-Fi is turned off and restart your phone (as you did in the past). Does this clarify? 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
cracof

May 23, 2019

I am experiencing the SAME problems with iPhone Verizon messages not being showing up immediately. Today I received a sudden surge of three voice messages left up to 5 days ago.  I’ve read the numerous complaints about this arising from VERIZON with the company admitting there is a problem on their end. AND YET IT CONTINUES.  After jumping through all the hoops of re setting this and that and trying this and that to no success it’s time that Verizon FIX this ongoing problem for we the customers.  This ongoing failure of the service can result in potentially disastrous outcomes as some customers have described.

I have an iPhone 6...current iOS. 

0 Likes
cracof

May 23, 2019

I am experiencing the SAME problems with iPhone Verizon messages not being showing up immediately. Today I received a sudden surge of three voice messages left up to 5 days ago.  I’ve read the numerous complaints about this arising from VERIZON with the company admitting there is a problem on their end. AND YET IT CONTINUES.  After jumping through all the hoops of re setting this and that and trying this and that to no success it’s time that Verizon FIX this ongoing problem for we the customers.  This ongoing failure of the service can result in potentially disastrous outcomes as some customers have described.

I use an iPhone 6 with current iOS 

0 Likes
Cuffee

I have an Iphone 6S and am having the same problems.  I call *86 and the voice mails are not there, but we have left messages that have not shown up.  I also use my phone for work and need to be able to access my voicemails.  I know there are a bunch of them out there.  This problem has gotten worse over the last year and especially during the last few months.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to learn that you are experiencing some voicemail issues, Cuffee. I understand that when you *86 your voicemails are not there. Let's get some additional information. When did this issue start? What is the iOS version currently installed on your phone?

AntonioC_VZW

http://spr.ly/6607EWoi3

0 Likes
Bonnie03

I need resolution on this issue. I have read the thread and tried everything and am still not getting voicemails that should have gone to me.  Where did they go? This needs to be fixed.

0 Likes
chazzman
Enthusiast - Level 1

I think it’s clear that Verizon doesn’t know what the issue is nor are they allocating resources to rectify it.

Verizon, please stop pretending to sympathize with the canned scripts. We’ve grown tired of seeing “We know how important your VM is”. Escalate the issue to top tier support and allocate the necessary resources to fix this. We don’t need your thoughts and prayers. We need a fix. Sound familiar?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to learn that you are having some issues with your Voicemail messages, Bonnie03. As a consumer, I know how important it is to get Voicemail messages in a timely fashion. You mention that you are not getting messages that should have gone to you. Let's get some additional information and explore options to resolve.

When did this issue start?
Are you not getting any Voicemail messages or only messages from specific contacts?
Are you checking for Voicemail messages via the Visual Voicemail feature on your phone, or by calling *86 on your Verizon Wireless phone? 

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
EKZMAIL

I'm having the same problem. 

Not only is there a delay, but half the time when I delete messages, they don't stay deleted.   This is unacceptable and I'm enraged. I've been with Verizon for decades.

And the call in for tech support FORCES you to go to automatic fixes or wait forever for a human. 

The "chat" on your website doesn't lead to any help.  I've spend an hour with someone last week who tried to help and it seemed ok for a brief time, but it's back to not working.

0 Likes