Re: Delayed voicemails showing up weeks to days later
Sandimascharvel
Enthusiast - Level 3

No, according to Verizon, there is a master ticket for this issue dating back to February this year, meaning that many users are having this issue. They told me that it is an iPhone specific issue and that voicemails are handled by Apple's software and that they are working with Apple for a solution and that they hope that the next iOS update with contain a solution. I told them that I thought others here have said they have non-Apple devices and have the issue and they said they only know of Apple users having issues. I also told them this has been a recurring issue for years.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Danpgov, we know that you should get the best preformnce on your device. How long has this issue been happening? Is your device fully up to date? Are you able to call your number or *86 and see the results change?

JoseL_VZW

0 Likes
Sandimascharvel
Enthusiast - Level 3

There are also issues with iMessages not being received. I will send an iMessage to my fiancée, or vice versa, and the other person will never receive it.  Just like voicemail, that can cause some serious problems when a family member or customer thinks you were told something when you never got the message . Others have reported as well. I wonder if this is linked to the voicemail issue? 

0 Likes
Nobodynobody1

I have a brand new iPhone XS and did not realize my voicemails were delayed until a few days ago. I have tried resetting the network, but it only alerts me of voicemail received since the reset. I am not notified of voicemail received after. I am a long time iPhone and Verizon customer, and this is completely ridiculous as a user of a service that is supposed to provide communication services. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sandimascharve, we never want you to have trouble with your service. There has not been a link discovered that iMessages not being received due to the voicemail concern. As an iPhone user myself, I haven't found any troubles with others not receiving my messages. When did this concern begin? You mentioned you have this trouble with your fiancee do you see this occurs with anyone else?

TionnaB_VZW

0 Likes
slacorte6
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem and have an Android phone. So frustrating!! I'm ready to add directions on my outgoing message I have Verizon service and I don't get voicemail in a timely manner so please text me if you need to reach me right away. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sickofthis6, we understand your concern in regard to your Voicemail. Do you use basic or visual voicemail?

LauraL_VZW

0 Likes
jalaberto
Enthusiast - Level 1

Do those of you having this problem have the "Call Filter" or "Call Filter Free" service enabled on the affected lines? I have a suspicion this is related.

I received a junk call today and they left a voicemail. Their voicemail triggered a junk voicemail from Saturday to come through as well. What's interesting is that there's no record of Saturday's call in my phone's recent calls list, and I was defintely in cell service that day. I wonder if the "Call Filter Free" service blocked the call and the voicemail notification at that time as well. 

0 Likes
Nimrod66
Enthusiast - Level 1

You may be on to something. I have an Android, and the same thing is happening to me, but it is a bit more... sporadic... both with VM's AND Texts! The sort of "straggle" in, taking anywhere from a few hours to a day or two. In any case, this is unacceptable! I miss important items, so when I finally come in contact with the person, they say things like "I tried to get a hold of you earlier...?" or "Where WERE you??". Things like that. NOT cool at all!! SOOooooo... what gives? I use an Android PLAY 2 (don't laugh), and it's a great phone... untill now. But it would seem that it may not be the PHONE that is the culprit here...?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for reporting that to us, jalaberto, that's a rather unique situation and  I am so sorry this is still affecting you. As far as the voicemail delays, we are aware of this issue and still investigating for a resolution. Have you tried the troubleshooting steps previously mentioned such as checking your software version, and performing the network reset? You can find the software version by navigating to your settings>general>about. If your software is up to date, please reset your network settings and see if your device works properly again. We are anxious to know your results since it's an urgent concern. Here are the steps in this link:

http://spr.ly/6608Em76s

TinaN_VZW

0 Likes