Device swap with monthly credits
ramtreddy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

If my son and I are both on device payment plans (within the same account) with monthly credits given from trade ins, if we swap SIM cards (swap devices) will the monthly credits still apply? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Device swap with monthly credits
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ramtreddy wrote:

Hi,

If my son and I are both on device payment plans (within the same account) with monthly credits given from trade ins, if we swap SIM cards (swap devices) will the monthly credits still apply? 

Yes. The bill credits and associated device payment agreement will remain on the original line of service. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ramtreddy wrote:

Hi,

Yes. The bill credits and associated device payment agreement will remain on the original line of service. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there, ramtreddy. It is important to have a clear understanding of your promotion before making any changes. To clarify, promotions and promotional credits are connected to the device payment agreements. This means you can change the equipment on the line without changing the device payment agreement and therefore maintaining your credits. Does this help clarify? *Joshua

ramtreddy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi Joshua, 

Just to clarify, switching the sim cards between our phones will not interfere with the device payment agreement correct?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ramtreddy wrote:

Hi Joshua, 

Just to clarify, switching the sim cards between our phones will not interfere with the device payment agreement correct?

Thanks!

That is correct. Switching the SIM card doesn't affect any active device payment agreements. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ramtreddy, swapping SIM cards won't impact your device payment agreement correct. Thank you.

- Alan

Firebasm

I also want to confirm this. We purchased a new phone with a promo credit scenario when we added a new line to our plan for our son. I would rather he not have such a new phone though and would like to instead use the new phone for me. Based on what you have said he and I should be able to swap our sim cards without impacting the device credit? Could we do it right after we activate the new phone and line or do we need to wait? We pay all together on one plan. 
thank you,

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Firebasm, you are correct. Nothing will be impacted on the lines if the phones are switched around. But you do want to get the phone activated on the original line first. 

-Nicci

0 Likes
wmckendr
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello, I have a very similar question, but have gotten 3 different responses from chat/phone. 

We have a family plan with multiple devices on it.

Line 1: iPhone 13 Pro purchased on a device purchase agreement with a trade-in, paying a total of $16.67 per month for the device ($43.33 monthly payment, $26.66 monthly trade-in credit). I have 18 payments/credits left. 

Line 2: Bring your own device (iPhone 12 Pro), fully paid, upgradeable line. 

Is there an officially supported way to purchase in full an iPhone 14 Pro and apply it to Line 1 without interrupting the device payment agreement/credit? 

This is what I understand to be feasible:

Buy iPhone 14 Pro and activate on Line 2. 

Take SIM from iPhone 13 Pro (Line 1) and put in iPhone 14 Pro, and vice versa. 

Set up iPhone 14 Pro from the backup of iPhone 13 Pro, then set up the iPhone 13 Pro from the iPhone 12 Pro. 

Can VZW confirm that this will not interrupt my current Device Payment/Credit (I will continue to pay $16.67 a month for 18 more months). And is there anything special I need to do or need to contact Verizon to help with? (Note: Each current phone has an Apple Watch/Cellular connected which I have historically been able to manage transferring in the phone). 

Thank you so much for your help! 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're happy to help out, wmckendr! Yes, you have it correct. You will need to complete a successful activation of the new phone on the second line first. Once that has been done, then you are free to move devices around without issue.

- Henry

0 Likes