Disappearing texts, locked SIM?
AudreyCM

I noticed yesterday that a few of my texts were missing. After reading on Apple, verizon, and other forums, I discovered that the best solution was to make sure I had a recent iCloud backup (I did, from that morning). I spoke with a representative and they assured me that this would fix the problem. However,now ALL of my

messages are gone, and I can't send or receive texts.  I am expecting two very important phone calls today, and some of those texts are from friends and relatives who have died. I was told by a Verizon rep that for legal reasons, the content of texts sent and received is maintained for quite some time. Also, my visual voicemail stopped working at the same time. I didn't do anything crazy- I just restored from a same day backup hoping to get back the texts I had lost. And now my phone is completely unusable.

I

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Disappearing texts, locked SIM?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AudreyCM, I would not want to lose my messages. I am so sorry that this happened. Let’s see what we can do to restore this information. How do you have your information backed up, iCloud or iTunes? Did you install anything new on the phone when this happened?
AlbertoR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes