Dissatisfied
MTB74
Enthusiast - Level 1

Purchased a new phone with all the protective advice from Verizon (high price) because they say it will protect its a good item "I have the same and it protects my device" lol

Well I have been a customer for years and I am not satisfied at this every moment.

My New IPhone 6s+ crack from top to bottom with a case and screen protector what a joke now I have to come out of pocket again. What is the purpose of buying all this equipment and it doesn't work. Feeling like I am just another money product for Verizon because they DO NOT HORROR OLD LOYAL CUSTOMERS

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Dissatisfied
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

It's unfortunate but I guess it depends on the case you have and what kind of drop it sustained. I usually get the Otterbox Defender for my iPhones...bulky but very protective. Never had a crack or any damage and I've dropped them all often in the case. I don't know much about the glass screen protectors because I've never bought one. Haven't needed if with my Otterbox and I just haven't wanted one with the slim case I have on now. But I'm careful so thus far I haven't had a drop or anything (knock on wood). Some people swear by the glass protectors. Some have had cracks after serious drops. And some have just had the protector itself crack and weren't happy that they had to replace the protector.

MTB74
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue. I brought all this high price protective equipment to have my device crack 2 weeks into my purchase. it has to be some type of game with these phone company's I pay my bill every month and this is the thanks I get a cracked phone and out of pocket payment with insurance.  I was thinking about contacting the better business bureau and complain but what's the purpose do they really do any thing with the complaints.

Not sure what my loyalty is for when Verizon isn't loyal to their costumers

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

You do realize that you are the one that started this convo so you just weighed in on your own thread repeating what happened to you initially. As far as filing a complaint because you had to pay a deductible for insurance...that's what you agree to when you opt to get insurance on your device. Not much that can be done about that. As far as the case you had that didn't protect your phone from a cracked screen...lots of things factor into that. What type of case? What type of fall? Ultimately no case guarantees your phone won't sustain damage (cases are meant to help lessen the likelihood) but reputable cases usually have a warranty that will cover a defect in the case itself. Verizon doesn't promise you that they will replace damaged devices for free if a case doesn't protect it either. A suggestion is made when someone tells you to get a certain case but its not a promise that nothing will happen. It sucks to have to use insurance so soon after a purchase (you may have been able to request a refund for the screen protector at the time but doubt you can now) but at least the deductible is far less than having to pay full retail at once for a new phone to replace it (and may be less than what it could have cost you to pay for the repair yourself. Depends on the phone).

0 Likes