Do picture messages use data?
graciehr

Each month I seem to use more data than I am suppose to use, based on the message sent to me from Verizon.  Is data usage pictures received and sent by me to others via text message?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Each month I seem to use more data that I should, what does that mean exactly, e.g., pictures sent to me or I send out, maybe.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear your having data issues graciehr. Yes picture messaging would use data. Here's a great link that will help you see the what's using your data: http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/splash/dataShareCalculator.jsp

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Each month I seem to use more data that I should, what does that mean exactly, e.g., pictures sent to me or I send out, maybe.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear your having data issues graciehr. Yes picture messaging would use data. Here's a great link that will help you see the what's using your data: http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/splash/dataShareCalculator.jsp

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Your phone keeps track of the data used in settings under cellular usage.  You have to reset it every billing period. (Why iPhone can't reset like other phones is annoying)

YOu have to look at what is using your data in order to diagnose the problem.

Turn off wifi assist.

Turn off iMessage.

0 Likes
graciehr

Thank you! My husband and I both reset the statistics; my statistics had not been reset since 2013.

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
Re: Each month I seem to use more data that I should, what does that mean exactly,  e.g., pictures sent to me or I send out, maybe.
mama23dogs
Legend

LOL.   I wish Apple would reset with the billing period like my Andriod. 

Keep and eye on the cellular data use and see what is using large amounts of data. 

Also in settings is wifi assist.  Apple didnt explain what this does.  It uses cellular to boost your wifi.

imessage uses data also.  To see how much, open settings, cellular data, scroll to the bottom to system services,

open system services to see all Apple related use, iMessage, etc.

0 Likes
cweghorn

Is Verizon making any accommodation for users whose data plans are being used up due to the wifi assist? I've used almost all of my data for the month and it's only 9 days into my billing cycle.

0 Likes
Re: Each month I seem to use more data that I should, what does that mean exactly,  e.g., pictures sent to me or I send out, maybe.
Snn5
Legend

WiFi Assist is an Apple feature, so Apple would need to be contacted about that issue.

0 Likes
graciehr

Again, thank you very much, hope it works.

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes