Does my Hotspot use the wi-fi from my device if I connect to device via bluetooth?
NewUser13

I know that tablets connected to my iPhone will gobble data like mad. If my iPhone has a Wifi connection--and I connect my table via bluetooth to my iPhone will the Hotspot use my cellular data (bad) or the free WiFi data (good) on the iPhone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Does  my Hotspot use the Wifi data from my phone if I connect to device via bluetooth?
Snn5
Legend

If you hotspot at all using the phone, the phone turns off WiFi on the phone in favor of Data.  This is how it works.  So, the phone is the only device that can use WiFi on the phone.  Other devices use data when connected to the phone because the phone reverts to cellular data and turns off WiFi.

View solution in original post

Re: Does  my Hotspot use the Wifi data from my phone if I connect to device via bluetooth?
Snn5
Legend

If you hotspot at all using the phone, the phone turns off WiFi on the phone in favor of Data.  This is how it works.  So, the phone is the only device that can use WiFi on the phone.  Other devices use data when connected to the phone because the phone reverts to cellular data and turns off WiFi.

BraunCat
Enthusiast - Level 1

You should connect your tablet to the wifi your phone is connected to instead. If you have the password, of course. That is: why are you using a hotspot when there's already wifi available?