Dropped Calls iPhone 7 Plus
BRIKEN81

I am dropping calls like crazy starting today. I have perfect LTE service, same location in my home office I am always in. I called Apple, they ran diagnostics and said there is nothing showing as wrong on my phone.

Not sure if it is related, but I'm now completely unable to turn on Wifi calling either (thought maybe that would be a work around since I couldn't keep a call for 5 minutes). It gets to the emergency address screen, flashes "success" quickly, but doesn't activate.

Getting frustrated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Dropped Calls iPhone 7 Plus
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BRIKEN81 having a great connection is a must. I regret to learn you are having this trouble. What zip code is this happening in? As far as the WiFi calling on the iPhone you would also need to have your data set to voice and data for that to work. Please go to settings- cellular-cellular data options and make sure that your Enable LTE is set to voice and data. You can find out more about setting up WiFi calling here https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-208397/

AdrienneP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BRIKEN81

50263 is the ZIP, and I have perfect LTE service on all of the other iPhones in the home. My phone settings are showing voice and data, and I already reviewed the article as well as walked through a complete diagnostic on the phone side with Apple support. They said this is a Verizon issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Briken81, thanks for that zip code. I looked at our coverage in that zip code and all looks great. I know you said this seems to be happening in your home office, do you have this trouble outside as well? I am glad you are using LTE for voice and data already, but since the apple diagnostic did not resolve this and your other devices are working, let's reset your network settings (settings-general-reset-reset network settings). Once you do this, you will need to reconnect to any WiFi networks that were saved on your device.

AdrienneP_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BRIKEN81

Apple had me reset network settings, then also do a full restore of the phone from my last back up. I am dropping calls in multiple locations now. And I still can't initiate wifi calling. It flashes "success" really quickly (almost too fast to see) and then goes back to the setting screen where it is still turned off.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BRIKEN81, thank you so much for the helpful information. Apple making you complete a full restore was the right move. Usually, when a phone experiences an issue everywhere it travels, then it typically leads to the device being the issue. When Apple walked you through the restore, did they set the device up as new?

JoeyM_VZW            

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Go to a corporate VZW store and get the SIM card replaced.

0 Likes