Dropped calls
BudMan69

I get dropped calls all the time with my Vetison service. Funny thing is, it's typically during important calls. Such as billing or tec support calls. When is Verison going to update there technology to enable us to connect to are wifi routers like other cell carriers offer today? I pay a lot for my service, it's cost me extra time and effort to resolve and or pay bills etc...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Dropped calls
Snn5
Legend

Verizon Messages allows for wifi calling.

Weth
Legend

There is a way to do this now with Verizon. Not the wifi calling everyone was asking for, but it is still wifi calling:

wifi calling is here - sort of

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BudMan69, I'm not a fan of having dropped calls.I want to make sure that we're able to keep you connected during your important phone calls. How long have you been having these issues? When you drop a call, are you indoors? What zip code are you in that is having the troubles? Please keep us posted.
KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BudMan69

Indoors 92346

And I did notice that when I lost a call, had received an email seconds after losing the call. That has happen several times.   Coincidence ? I don't know.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for working with us Budman69. I'm not showing any problems in the area. There are several things that can effect indoor calling. Let's make sure your seeing all the towers in your area. What device do you have? Does service improve outdoors? Any other Verizon devices having the same results in your home?

JoeL_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BudMan69

iPhone 6 and 6+

Indoors or out I get dropped calls. If you please check your notes you will see most of the questions to your answers about my dropped call  issues. Ive dropped call plenty of times while talking with Tec support. The cell tower looks close on the map. What the map does not show is that I'm on a hill and the tower is three houses up and at the bottom of the hill, and around the corner a bit.

Sorry but I've lost some patients with the service at home. I've made several attempts through Tec support to try a fix this problem.

Wifi calling please.

Your competitors with weaker service are caring it already... Come on

Thank you

0 Likes
BrownSugar67
Contributor - Level 3

I was having the same problem. I contacted Apple support it was founded that i was having dropped calls. We did some trouble shooting this was done via of chat. I was told to get a new SIM card.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for working with us. We never want you to lose a patient, We appreciate you working with our tech support. We do have a great indoor solution: http://vz.to/IHRT6h

I'm sorry I have no news about that particular feature at this time.

JoeL_VZW

0 Likes
BudMan69

Brown Sugar this is my second IPhone with Verison, the other one was iOS 5, the Tec support told me to hang on a little longer to upgrade to the iPhone 6, because of some new technology in the iPhone that would help me with dropped calls. I since upgraded to my local cable company's Modem and it is awesome. 300 mg speeds. I'm am so ready for my cell service to work like a charm.

I've had two other carriers ever since the IPhone came out and I've had the same problem with them aswell. I choose Verison because, you get what you pay for, many other millions of ppl believe so too I'm sure. I have replaced the iPhone 6+ sim recently, but have not used it enough to notice any problems with it. Thanks for the tip Brown Suger.

0 Likes