E911 broken
Steveg4
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yep, still a problem. I can’t enter an e911 service address for my iPhone (I see “System is unavailable. Please try again later”). I also can’t start service on my new Apple Watch 7 when the process breaks at E911 (I see “Please enter a valid E911 service address”). Yes, my address is correct. Yes, my address is exactly the same as USPS records.

Please fix this.

Steve.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: E911 broken
Steveg4
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is fixed now. For anyone else having similar problems, only Verizon support can fix it. First, activating the Apple Watch requires them to do it. The impression that the process is automated during the watch setup is false. Maybe it will be, but it’s not now. The Watch needs a new phone number for data and billing (Only. You can’t call this dedicated number) even though it uses Numbershare for calls and text. So it has both. The setup process can only do Numbershare which isn’t enough.

Additionally, if you get any errors when trying to change the e911 address (for any device) they have to fix that for you too. In my case, they had to delete and recreate my account with the correct address (mine defaulted to an old service address). Your Apple Watch needs an e911 address, not your phone. Your phone uses your current service address, and an e911 address won’t show up. Just the Watch has one. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to be able to get through the E911 section. We'd like to help you get it through. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note for assistance.*Melissa

0 Likes
Steveg4
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is fixed now. For anyone else having similar problems, only Verizon support can fix it. First, activating the Apple Watch requires them to do it. The impression that the process is automated during the watch setup is false. Maybe it will be, but it’s not now. The Watch needs a new phone number for data and billing (Only. You can’t call this dedicated number) even though it uses Numbershare for calls and text. So it has both. The setup process can only do Numbershare which isn’t enough.

Additionally, if you get any errors when trying to change the e911 address (for any device) they have to fix that for you too. In my case, they had to delete and recreate my account with the correct address (mine defaulted to an old service address). Your Apple Watch needs an e911 address, not your phone. Your phone uses your current service address, and an e911 address won’t show up. Just the Watch has one. 

0 Likes
Aerfally

I have the same issue. The address I have been trying to activate with e911 is VALIDATED BY USPS. Verizon says it's an invalid address. How is this still a problem??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to validate this is mandatory.  Let's get to the bottom of this.  A private message is being sent to assist you further.-Sean

0 Likes
jlucido99
jlucido99

I have had the same problem trying to enter correct 911 addresses for my devices.  I tried using chat and the agent tried but no help.  The mobile app does not even have a place to enter this information that I can find.  I continue getting Verizon 911 Error.jpg

0 Likes
Re: jlucido99
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry for that you are getting that error message, jlucido99. We do want everything to work for you. Have you tried clearing your internet browser's temporary internet files and cookies?

-Steven

0 Likes