Edge Up Transfer
oceanbreeze3615

Is there a way to transfer an Edge up to another line on my account?  I have 2 lines on my account - an IPhone 5S and an IPhone 6 Plus.  Both are on the Edge program.  The IPhone 6 Plus has a cracked screen and is starting to freeze up at times (it was accidentally dropped on concrete a few weeks ago).  The origination date was 10/23/14.  My assumption is that I can edge up this phone at no cost after 1 year's time, which would be on or around 10/23/15.  The IPhone 5S origination date is 7/23/14, which I assume means that I can edge up this phone at no cost on or about 7/23/15.  When I choose to edge up the IPhone 5S, (I would upgrade to a 6 Plus and continue on the Edge program), can I transfer this upgrade to the damaged IPhone 6 Plus line and keep the 5S?  In other words, the damaged IPhone 6 Plus would no longer be used.  If so, what happens to that Edge balance?  Also, when is the 5S eligible for upgrade?  Would it be 10/23/15?  Just wondered about this and was curious to see if any of you had any experience with this.  Thanks for any input. 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Edge Up Transfer
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I replied already and then remembered, you'd have to turn in your device in order to upgrade and you'd still be stuck with a cracked phone. Just pay $100 and get the screen replaced.

0 Likes
oceanbreeze3615

You mean I have to turn in the 5S?  I thought if I had a $0 qualifying payment that I could keep the phone and edge up.  Maybe I'm wrong on that?

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Ohh. Okay, yes if you pay off your Edge agreement and the balance is $0 you can sign up again for another Edge contract, though I believe there is a waiting period. Then you can give your S5 to the broken phone line and still keep the $15 or $25 discount you get on the line access fee.

If you move the Edge phone from your line to the broken phone line you lose the discount. That's if you can even move it at all.

0 Likes