Excessive amounts of data used
EMS_ROCKS

Maybe someone here can help. My husband has an iPhone SE that he got 18 months ago. In April, 2018 large amounts of data usage was occuring at odd times in the early am, ie 2 or 3 am. Since I know he is sleeping I know it is not anything he is physically doing. We have spoken to verizon and have even been into one of their stores to get this figured out. It appears to be  Web & Apps data usage. He deleted, literally, all apps that were not factory installed and even some of those. Made sure "cellular" was turned off, turned off everything that was not absolutely necessary, even Wi-Fi assist. We did read that there could be an issue with Safari so he disabled it and has started using FireFox. The month of May the phone was getting hits for about 450 meg (still) in the am about 3-4 times a week, Verizon was kind and credited us data while we figure this thing out. Currently the largest "non-usage" against his data has been for 162 meg which was at 3:57am today. Any suggestion?? Can anyone offer advice? He would love to start using his phone again...

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Excessive amounts of data used
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have checked when iCloud is allowed to back up?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Excessive amounts of data used
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

EMS.ROCKS,

I'm sorry to hear that there's a mystery going on with your data usage. It's important this information is always accurate and I'll be happy to help. Ann154 gave a great suggestion about your iCloud back up. Have you checked this? Has the iPhone SE been receiving software update alerts?

Juan_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes