Family Locator: teen gets notified - defeats purpose. Help!
Michiganbay

I don't want my young teenager to receive a text message when I'm checking his location. Is there a way locations can be tracked WITHOUT the underage user knowing? Need step by step instructions if so.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Family Locator: teen gets notified - defeats purpose. Help!
Weth
Legend

Not with family locator. On iPhones, if they are set up on your family account, you can track without notification using Find My iPhone. That is what we use. Kids all know we can track them, so no secret there, but when I track them with  Find My IPhone, they do not get a notification. I believe you can even turn off the locator icon on the status bar.

View solution in original post

Weth
Legend

Not with family locator. On iPhones, if they are set up on your family account, you can track without notification using Find My iPhone. That is what we use. Kids all know we can track them, so no secret there, but when I track them with  Find My IPhone, they do not get a notification. I believe you can even turn off the locator icon on the status bar.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Michiganbay!  Thanks for lifting up your concerns to us!  I can certainly understand the importance of wanting to monitor the activity of your child discreetly.  Unfortunately this feature was designed to notify both parties.  There isn't a way to turn off the notifications to the child's phone.  If you have any further questions regarding the Family Locator feature please visit our website here: http://vz.to/1GrByfe.

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to let us know!  We are always here to help our loyal customers, such as yourself!  Thanks again and have a wonderful evening!

-KristieQ_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZW Support

0 Likes