Feels like I am being ripped off on the trade in
ONLINESTUFF3

The short version of the story is I had two perfectly good Iphone 6 devices with ATT but decided to trade them in because of the $650 credit I can receive.
After roughly 5 phone calls and several online chats and lots of bad information (I have in writing that I would be getting a gift card not a bill credit) I finally received my boxes and sent the phones back.

Well today I heard back and on the first one they are giving me 107 not the 650 because of a "screen crack or deadspots"

I have no idea what this means as the screen was in great shape and it was used as my phone up until the day i sent it in.

In fact I had apple care and one of my two phones did have an issue so I brought it in and had apple put a new screen on days before sending.

Had the other had an issue I would have done the same (I actually don't know which one they are claiming did not work yet and will be calling later).

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do about this?  What makes the entire thing even more frustrating is I find the service in DC subpar to ATT.

I will report back with what happens as soon as I get more information.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Feels like I am being ripped off on the trade in
rcschnoor
Legend

ONLINESTUFF3 wrote:

Well today I heard back and on the first one they are giving me 107 not the 650 because of a "screen crack or deadspots"

I have no idea what this means as the screen was in great shape and it was used as my phone up until the day i sent it in.

A phone can work great even with a screen crack. Some cracks are not large enough to be noticeable, ESPECIALLY if they are on a part of the non-viewable screen, i.e. one of the corners which would not interfere with anything on the display portion of the screen. Did you take clear photos of your devices before returning them to match with any photos Verizon may send you as proof? Clear photos of the entire crack-free screen with blowups of the 4 corners showing no cracks would help your case.

0 Likes
ONLINESTUFF3

It is now more interesting as they have sent me a photo of the damage and I am certain it was not there when I sent it in for reasons mentioned above.  I understood the rules as I had 2 phones one had a tiny crack on the screen one did not. 

They were both covered under apple care.  Had the crack been there I would have fixed for 29 bucks like I did the other.  

That said they are showing me a picture of a phone with a cracked screen so I can only guess the damage happen in shipping or opening the box. 

I do have a picture of the phone and it shows the screen has not cracks But I am not certain if the crack is in the area of the picture.

They have opened a ticket which I hope will get some clarity on the issue.

Thanks for the reply

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is definitely not what we like to hear. Please keep us updated.

0 Likes