Full price upgrade
surgetek

I recently upgraded to the LG G3 but am regretting my decision. The phone is great but I don't like not having everything synced.

If I buy a 6 at full price, I know I don't have to pay the upgrade fee but I know I  have to pay tax and an activation I am sure.

Do I get dinged for anything other than those two? Early termination fee for cancelling the phone I've only had a couple months?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Full price upgrade
rcschnoor
Legend

You can purchase the iPhone 6 at full price, activate it on the line which currently has the LG G3 and only have to pay the tax on the iPhone 6. There is no activation fee UNLESS you are activating a new line of service. Replacing a phone you have active on a current line of service would incur NO activation fee. Since you are keeping the line which currently has the LG G3 on it, there would be no ETF. An ETF is only applied if you cancel a line of service under contract. Replacing the phone currently on a line under contract with another phone DOES NOT cancel the line and therefore would not incur an ETF.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

You can purchase the iPhone 6 at full price, activate it on the line which currently has the LG G3 and only have to pay the tax on the iPhone 6. There is no activation fee UNLESS you are activating a new line of service. Replacing a phone you have active on a current line of service would incur NO activation fee. Since you are keeping the line which currently has the LG G3 on it, there would be no ETF. An ETF is only applied if you cancel a line of service under contract. Replacing the phone currently on a line under contract with another phone DOES NOT cancel the line and therefore would not incur an ETF.

0 Likes
surgetek

Great thanks. I had a feeling that was the case but I was worried since I only paid a $100 for the G3 that I would get hit with a charge of something.

0 Likes