Getting no longer a Verizon customer
Perplexed_in_IL

My brother is also a Verizon customer, when I try to call him sometimes I get a message that he is no longer a Verizon customer and other times the call goes through. We thought it was his phone so I upgraded my phone and gave him my old I phone that I had never had a problem with, I am still getting this message about half of the times I call him. This has been going on for about 3 weeks and had yet to get resolved by Verizon. When he was talking to customer service they said his phone was turned off even though he was talking on it. I am at a loss, I am frustrated that sometimes I have to call upwards of 7 times to get through to him just once. If there is someone who knows what the problem might possibly be please let us know. Also I have tried to call him from other phones non-Verizon and get the same message sometimes.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Getting no longer a Verizon customer
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you and your brother to be able to communicate with each other whenever you need to Perplexed_in_IL. This certainly isn’t a common error, but I have heard of it before. What zip code are you in? Are you and your brother on the same account? What make/model phones do you both use? And finally, how are you dialing his phone number?

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Perplexed_in_IL

We are not on the same account. My zip code is 62236. He is in my contact list. My phone is an I phone 6s his is an I phone 5, but it was also happening on his previous phone (same account) which was a droid.

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

have him dial *73

0 Likes
Perplexed_in_IL

That did not work

0 Likes
Perplexed_in_IL

Are there any other suggestions this is going to week 4 now?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Perplexed_in_IL

Thanks for keeping us posted and trying those steps. Considering you mentioned this has happened when calling him from other lines, this confirms the issue is on your brother’s end. If he’s a Verizon Wireless customer, I recommend having him contact us from a different line so that we can troubleshoot his incoming calls. I’m sure we can get this issue resolved.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Perplexed_in_IL

He has many times the second level engineers have been trying to fix it for 3 weeks but no resolution. Verizon offered him $20 in bill credit for all of the inconvenience which Is horrible. When you figure out how much time he has spent driving almost 2 hours round trip to a Verizon store trying to get it fixed and the time he has spent on the phone with 611, this equates out to about 50 cents per hour. He has had many representatives from Verizon tell him they will call back but still have not.

0 Likes