Group Message - Can't see messages from contact but can in Direct Message
KIMMCN93

Why can't I see messages from a contact when they are included in a group message but I can see their responses if it is a direct message?  The group message contains 3 iphone users and one Samsung.  The individual that I can't see her message, is an iphone user.  If she and I are direct messaging, it is fine.  We have messaged before in group message without issue. 

Things I have tried:  Deleting contact  and re-adding.  Deleting group thread.  Turning off imessage.  Both have checked for Do Not Disturb and blocked.  Please help it is frustrating to only see part of the conversation.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Group Message - Can't see messages from contact but can in Direct Message
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is the group message being sent as MMS or imessage? When you send a message to just that one person can they receive it as an imessage or text sms message or both?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
KIMMCN93

Messages are being sent as both iMessage and/or mms message. When sent direct they can receive both SMS text and iMessage.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a reliable device is important. Let's get this group messaging issue figured out. It looks like you have already completed many steps towards resolving this issue. Does this happen when you both are connected to Wi-Fi? Is Wi-Fi turned off or on? Do you know if all the other phones in the group message have iMessage turned on or off?

TabithaJ_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes