Group text
Aliciadelao

When I send my text in a group text, it won't go through unless my cellular data is turned on? Also my cellular data goes in and out...I just upgraded to the 6s yesterday and have been having issues with since

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Group text
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Aliciadelao, I use group text quite often throughout the day. Let’s get your working again. Group messaging is sent as a Multimedia Message, or MMS. This is a feature that is run through our network. You must have your cellular data enabled in order for these types of messages to go through.

As far as your 6S, with a new phone, we can’t have you having problems with that already. Where are you when you say your cellular data goes in and out? What does your phone do? Does it go from LTE to 3G or to 1X? Please describe.

MarkP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Aliciadelao

It just doesn't work at all...once I leave wifi area my cellular data won't kick in. It says 3G and all dots are solid but I no connectivity what so ever it's very irritating

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Making sure your group text is working is very important Aliciadelao. Are you using any 3rd party text application you downloaded? Which Iphone do you have and is the software updated?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Aliciadelao

I can deal with my group text I just wanna know why my cellular data acts like its wifi. When I leave a wifi area my data won't even work NOTHING I have no service at all and my phone says 3G with all solid dots

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Aliciadelao-

We want your signal to work flawlessly at all times. I depend on my data most of the day so I would expect this to be working when I most need it. I want the same outcome for you. What zip code are you in when this happens? By chance, are other people been affected as well? Are you seeing an error message when using your internet when WIFI is not available. Please share those details for us to help you find a solution.

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes