Group texts not working
Ladonna428

My group texting is not working properly. This if affecting all groups. Even tried a new group and it didn't work. It's not working for either iPhone, Droid or Windows phones. This started this morning. Group texting is on. I tried cutting it off and also tried a quick reset. Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Group texts not working
Weth
Legend

You must have cellular data turned on For group texts and picture messages (these use MMS). 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Ladonna428,

Group texing is a must! I'd be lost without mine. Just need a little more information from you:

What model iPhone do you have? Have your group messages ever worked? Is your basic texting and/or iMessages working when just sending a single message? What about picture messages, are those going through?

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ladonna428

I have an iPhone 5s. I use group texting all the time. I received one group text early this morning but no more after that. I am receiving single text messages however when one of the group members tried to forward the conversation to me I did not receive it. I'm also not receiving pic texts

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

You must have cellular data turned on For group texts and picture messages (these use MMS). 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Ladonna428,

Thanks for that inforamtion. You mentioned you recieved a group message this morning, did anything change on your device after that? Any software updates or new app downloaded? Are you using the message app that came on the device or a third party message app?

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ladonna428

No nothing changed after the group text this morning. I should have received the reply text ft the group within a couple of minutes. I'm using the iPhone message app.

Cellular data is on

Thanks

0 Likes
Ladonna428

I just received all of my group messages from today! Yay!!

0 Likes