HELP! Overcharges--outside of US
outofUS

I'm currently outside of US. I turned on my phone for about an hour because I didn't have wifi. I assumed the data would be used from the 2 GB that I had left to use for this month (which I haven't used at all so far). This is my first time using a US phone outside of US so I didn't know the overcharge would cost so much---my normal monthly bill is $60 however, I got a notification saying it has exceeded $150 when I haven't called, texted, or used data this month. Is there anyway I can just pay what I have used....??? Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HELP! Overcharges--outside of US
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

outofUS we hope that you have a great trip! I understand your concern in the charges and we'll make sure everything is clear! Where are you travelling to? How are you using the device? For all our rates and plans, please visit http://vz.to/17KseUf

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
outofUS

I'm currently in Tokyo, Japan; however, I won't be using the phone for the rest of the trip. It was always on airplane mode and I constantly used Wifi. Yesterday was just an emergency so I had to turn it on for less than an hour--I believe it was only for 15-20 min and then I got a txt message saying my bill has exceeded $150. Is there anyway I can avoid the charges? This is just very new for me and I'm worried...

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Data outside US is $20.50 per megabyte or $21,000 per gigabyte!   You must have known you just can't use your 2 GB otherwise you wouldn't have been searching only for wifi and using airplane mode.  

YOu you can try to add the global data plan retroactive to the beginning of your billing period, but will likely need to plead with the rep.   The global data plan is 100 MB for $25.