HELP!!! - my devices under my account all under same phone number. In APPLE account he11.
Lkdog
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not sure if this is the right forum, but maybe you can point me in right direction. I am having trouble with my devices under my account being able to function independently in apps (Messenger, Facetime). Mayeb this is an APPLE problem, but thought I would start here.

I have one APPLE ID.

I had one IPHONE I put under Verizon account which I started a couple years ago for my daughter.

She had a GOOGLE account associated with it and all was well. HAd her OWN PHONE NUMBER of course.

I also had an IPAD with WIFI only that was not part of the VERIZON plan. Just used it at home or on the road where there was WIFI.  NO PHONE NUMBER.

I added an IPAD with Cellular service for my mother in law a few weeks ago under my VERIZON account.

She has her own phone number associated with that. She has her own Gmail account.

She can't use FACETIME on her IPAD as it says in SETTINGS it is associated with my APPLE ID above, and my daughter's IPHONE number. MESSAGES on her IPAD is also associated with my APPLE ID and my daughters' phone number.

When someone goes to try and FACETIME her- it is greyed out. She cannot receive FACETIME calls.

She does not have an APPLE ID.

This gets better.

She DOES get messages between my daughter and my wife showing up in her MESSAGES app on her IPAD. Not a good thing. LOL.

We had her turn off MESSAGES app.

Oh- and sometimes messages show up on my IPAD MESSAGES app sent to my cell number associated with my work phone which is NOT on my VERIZON account. I think that number is the cell associated with my APPLE ID.

What the heck is going on here?

One more thing- my daughters' Iphone took a dump last month and we had her use another IPHONE we had laying around here. She used my APPLE ID to set it up- not her GOOGLE email that was originally associated with her phone number.

A werid thing happening now.

Now -every APP she adds on her IPHONE also magically shows up on my IPAD without me loading it.

1) How do I setup my Mother in Laws IPAD to function with its assigned phone number so she can sue FACETIME?

2) How do I get her out of the loop on MESSAGES app?

3) How do I get my daughters Iphone disconnected from my home wifi only IPAD.

I hate APPLE by the way.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank You.

0 Likes
Re: HELP!!! - my devices under my account all under same phone number. In APPLE account he11.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Each person should have their own Apple ID login even if they use Google or another account for their contacts or other information. 

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204976

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Re: HELP!!! - my devices under my account all under same phone number. In APPLE account he11.
Lkdog
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the reply.

So if I have my mother in law create her own APPLE ID, how does she them assign the phone number of that IPAD we got her to the IPAD? Right now it says it is using the same phone number as my daughter. Does she log out and then login with new APPLE ID that has her phone number associated with that new ID?

And if I have my daughter get her own APPLE ID, and she has a ton of installed apps of course, how does she associate them all with her new ID, or the phone number on the IPHONE. The same way??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lkdog, a fellow community member, Ann154, is right on the money. Each line would need it's own separate Apple ID to separate everyone. Anything that is on the Apple ID that everyone currently has would not transfer to the new Apple ID's. 

-TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

However the OP could setup an Apple family account after the individual people create their own Apple ID logins and then the OP could add those Apple IDs to the Family account. The steps on how to do this was posted earlier. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's a great question. You should have your daughter remove the iPad from her Apple ID and have your mother-in-law add it to hers. Does that make sense?

0 Likes
Lkdog
Enthusiast - Level 1

I looked at my daughters phone and it looks like she has the ability to remove specific devices from the main APPLE ID.

What happens if I remove them?

I really don't quite understand what is going on here.

To add to this APPLE account shtshow that they create- I actually have another Iphone 7 on my Verizon account for my own mother and it functions totally separately. She can Facetime, get Messages, make calls, etc on her phone number with no issues.

She has no APPLE ID.

0 Likes