Re: HOW CAN THE IPHONE 6 PLUS DISPLAY ON A BIGGER TV SCREEN
Weth
Legend

Yes I have done this exact thing with NFL 2014. iPhone 6 with the cable above, with HDMI cable to TV HDMI input.  This is the only thing that works with NFL app since AirPlay mirrororing to AppleTV is disabled on the NFL app.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Verizon's NFL app and contract with the NFL will only show games that are available in your area.  You will not get games that are not being shown on TV networks in your area.   You will succeed watching what you could have seen on cable, but not more than that.  Of course I have not seen Verizon's terms for the 2015 season, so it could change, just don't count on it. 

0 Likes
chucky348
Enthusiast - Level 2

Weth, thanks again for helping me. The reason I use caps is because I have

vision problems and the smaller letters are harder for me to read. Looks

like I will be getting the lighting to av cable u showed to me.

Thanks again

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Roku will not work with Airplay and the iphone.  You need an Apple TV for that.  As I wrote, it's very easy to set up with home wifi connection and you apple devices.  (Apple TV will only work with HD TVs. )

I Have Mac computers and iPad for this purpose. 

The Roku can mirror android devices, ( the older versions do not require an HD TV and come with cables for non HDTVs.)   The Roku has more "applications" or stations that Apple TV and includes Amazon (as a prime member I get video as well as free shipping ).  It is not as easy to set up and mirroring is more difficult, in fact, I don't bother.   I also bought a Chromecast for $30 which was a pain to set up, but easily mirrors Chrome browser content to the TV.

As you might guess, we do a lot of streaming.  It allows me to cut cable service down to basic and not miss a think.

Just a final note.... if you have a computer that can be placed near the TV in question, you can connect and mirror to the big screen with an HDMI cable.   That may tide you over if your phone purchase is a long way off

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Weth wrote:

mama23dogs wrote:

Apple does not sell a lightning adapter compatible with the iphone 6.

Yes they do, I have one and it works great.

Sorry, I stand corrected.... The one you linked didn't include the 6, nor did the website. 

0 Likes