Had to restore Factory Settings. Now trying to recover Contacts from Backup Assistant.
awmills

My iPhone 4s crashed. In the end, I had to do restore factory settings on the phone. It is now up and running again. Fortunately all of my photos and videos were saved on my iCloud. But I have been unable to recover all of my contacts. I have always used Backup Assistant to save all of my contacts and it has worked great for many years. However, I am unable to find the App in Apple's App Store. It seems that I cannot recover my contacts unless I can first download the App onto my phone. Any advice would be appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Had to restore Factory Settings. Now trying to recover Contacts from Backup Assistant.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand your concern and want you to be able to get your contacts back. There is a chance your iPhone 4S is no longer compatible with the application Backup Assistant. You require to have certain iOS to download newer applications. Your iCloud should have backed up contacts as well. Are many of your contacts missing? Did you have any backed up via your email or another source?

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: Had to restore Factory Settings. Now trying to recover Contacts from Backup Assistant.
awmills

My contents were not backup up via the cloud. I have restored my three email addresses. While there are now a lot of contact listed on my phone, almost all of them are email contacts. A very small number of phone contacts were also restored, but I estimate many hundreds of them to still be missing. All of my contacts would have been saved through backup assistant as recent as the first week in February through back up assistant, so they must have been stored somewhere, even if support is no longer being offered for backup assistant. Thank you for your assistance. This is a very significant concern for me and I appreciate your help very much.

Alan Mills

Sent from my mobile device

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

awmills,

We understand how important it is to restore your contacts to your device. ICloud backs up your device's contacts, texts, and other information automatically. Have you been able to sign back into your Apple ID since the reset? Have you checked iCloud for any recent backups? http://apple.co/2ctd2Ad Have you been able to check our Verizon Cloud website? It shares a database with Backup Assistant. http://vz.to/2hJZAf6. Please check out those resources and let us know.

JosephT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes