Has anybody received their iphone trade-in promo code yet?
jenpie

Just wondering if anyone that has activated their new iphone 6s and that are also planning on trading in their old iphone received their promo code yet?

I was told by the Verizon guy at my local store that I would either receive a text or an email (he couldn't confirm) with the promo code to get the full amount for my old iphone trade-in when I have activated my new iphone. I activated my new phone and haven't received anything yet.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Has anybody received their iphone trade-in promo code yet?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jenpie,

I know that if I were to have taken advantage of this promotion I would certainly be on top of it just the same. Once you receive the device and activate it, you would receive a single use promo code by text message / email within 5 business days that can be used to complete the trade in process. If you recently activated the device, then we may want to give it a little time before receiving the promo code.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jenpie,

I know that if I were to have taken advantage of this promotion I would certainly be on top of it just the same. Once you receive the device and activate it, you would receive a single use promo code by text message / email within 5 business days that can be used to complete the trade in process. If you recently activated the device, then we may want to give it a little time before receiving the promo code.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jenpie

Thank you!

0 Likes
rousea
Enthusiast - Level 3

jenpie,

Have you received your code yet? I activated my 6s on 9/28 and I haven't got mine yet. I'm also trading my previous iPhone in at the store.

jenpie

Hi rousea -

Yes, I did receive a text with the promo code just last night. I activated my new iphone 6s on 9/25. So you'll probably be receiving yours as well any day now.

0 Likes
rousea
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for responding. That's good to hear. I think there's some confusion with the different ways to trade our old phones in. Someone was telling me I had to fill out an online form, get a box and mail it. However, I was told by a manager at my Verizon store I didn't have to do that. He said I would get a text/email and then I could trade my phone in at the store, which appealed to me.

Anyway, sorry for going on and on. Your situation sounded like mine, so I thought I'd ask.

0 Likes
jenpie

No worries! I was told the same thing that I can bring my old phone into the store. Which I am going to do tonight.

Will be interesting to see how they reimburse me though. Not sure if they deduct it from my monthly bill?

0 Likes
rousea
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think we get a Verizon gift card but the manager said he could apply it right there at the store and it would go instantly on my account. They were having a promo on iPads when I pre-ordered my 6s and I bought an iPad Mini 2, so I'm definitely hoping it works like he told me since the price of the iPad will be on this month's bill.

Let me know how it goes tonight if you don't mind.

0 Likes
jenpie

Hi rousea - So the process was pretty easy. Just handed the representative my old phone (make sure it's deleted from the cloud and all content is erased) and read off the promo code I got via text. He then sent me an email which was the Verizon gift card. I was able to use it towards my monthly bill which he set up for me. I could've used it towards paying off the phone but then I would've had to pay the entire phone off right there rather than reducing my monthly lease.

Hope you have a smooth experience as well when you turn yours in.

Oops - Forgot to say that he did mention I could use the gift card towards an ipad or a bose sound system. So it sounds like you will get reimbursed for the ipad you got with that gift card.

0 Likes