Has anyone trading a free iphon 8 for the 8+ without problems
LindaKMom
Enthusiast - Level 2

Background:  My son purchased a new iphoneX & we added him to my account, so we received a free iphone 8.  I wanted a bigger phone so I've asked Verizon if I can trade in the 8 for the 8+ & just pay the difference in cost.  I was told yes sure...you just have to pay $4.17/mo for 24 mos to make up the difference in cost (remember the iphone 8 is free).  Since then when I confirmed with verizon via chat, voice/phone & the local verizon store, but have been given conflicting answers.  I've had 3 yes you can do this & 2 absolutely not...you will loose the free part of the deal & have to pay full price for the 8+.

I have printed out the chat that I had in which the agent guaranteed this was OK to do.

I'm wondering if anyone else has done this trade successfully?

Thanks for the reply.

LKM

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Has anyone trading a free iphon 8 for the 8+ without problems
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is the iPhone 8 line under contract or have a device payment agreement on it with bill credits?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Linda Martin, I can see how conflicting answers can lead to much confusion, so it would be my pleasure to provide you a concise and concrete answer regarding your device trade-in. I want to make sure that there are no surprises in your billing later down the road. I have sent you a message to your inbox for your contact information. Please reply to me there.

Akane_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LindaKMom, I appreciate bringing this concern to our community forums and would like to clear up a few details regarding the iPhone BOGO promotion. It's upsetting to hear you've made at least 5 efforts to help answer this question. The last thing I want is any more confusion as I've double checked our resources. 

As long as the added new line for your son remains on the account, the promotion would then stand. Since you're receiving up to $799.99 in promotional credits over 24 months for your line, exchanging the iPhone 8 would only cost $4.17 per month for you to finance the iPhone 8 Plus 64GB model. You do not lose the promotion, nor will you be paying full price for the iPhone 8 Plus. That's a fact and I hope this helps clear up the details. 

AlanS_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes