Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Have an iPad mini with latest software upgrade 8.1.2. Verizon Messaging on use after working for 1 yr. deleted app and downloaded fresh app. Same problem. Neither Apple support or Verizon store support could find problem. Sometimes can type txt befor it
Steady_RI

Have an iPad mini with latest software upgrade 8.1.2. Verizon Messaging app crashes on use after one year with no problems. I deleted the app and downloaded a clean version. It crashes whether or not I have any apps running in the background. Sometimes I can type part of a message before it crashes. Other times it crashes as soon as I try to use the app at all. Neither Apple Support nor Verizon store staff could find any reason for the problems. Any ideas??

THE TEXT SHOULD SAY THE PROBLEM IS WITH THE APP CRASHING Message was edited by: Steady_RI

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Have an iPad mini with latest software upgrade 8.1.2. Verizon Messaging on use after working for 1 yr. deleted app and downloaded fresh app. Same problem. Neither Apple support or Verizon store support could find problem. Sometimes can type txt befor
ruthw_vzw
Verizon Employee

Steady_RI

So sorry to hear about the trouble you're experiencing with your Verizon
Messages app! Let's get this working together. How long has this been going on?
Have you been able to uninstall & reinstall the app itself? Does this
happen with every message or just ones to certain contacts?

RuthW_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Have an iPad mini with latest software upgrade 8.1.2. Verizon Messaging on use after working for 1 yr. deleted app and downloaded fresh app. Same problem. Neither Apple support or Verizon store support could find problem. Sometimes can type txt befor
Steady_RI

Thanks for response. Been going on for a few days. I deleted the app although I did not use the uninstall feature to do that. I have been able to download a new version. Same problems with the new version. I visited the Verizon store and a support person tested the app and experienced the same problems. Appears to crash with any contact I use. Will crash if I go to settings or even if I just open app and don't do anything for a few minutes.

0 Likes
adamg_vzw
Verizon Employee

Steady_RI, thanks for keeping us posted. Did you uninstall that application by pressing/holding down the icon until the (X) appears? Tap the (X) to delete it. Once the application has been deleted, you will need to reset the network settings on your device in Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. Power that device off/on and then download the application again. Additionally, we also recommend that you disable Wi-Fi and connect to our network to test the messaging feature again.

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Have an iPad mini with latest software upgrade 8.1.2. Verizon Messaging  on use after working for 1 yr. deleted app and downloaded fresh app. Same problem. Neither Apple support or Verizon store support could find problem. Sometimes can type txt befor
Steady_RI

What are all the implications of resetting network setting? Don't think I've changed that much but what I have I'll have to go back in reset, right?

0 Likes
Re: Have an iPad mini with latest software upgrade 8.1.2. Verizon Messaging  on use after working for 1 yr. deleted app and downloaded fresh app. Same problem. Neither Apple support or Verizon store support could find problem. Sometimes can type txt befor
tanishas1_vzw
Verizon Employee

Great question Steady_RI, it's always important to know how
changing this may affect the phone. All this reset does is refresh the
connection to our network. Only your wi-fi settings are removed when network
settings are reset. You can always re-add your connection.

AdaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes