Re: High data usage
mac_20108

This is my first Apple iPhone so I'm not sure if it's like any other phone. I got it on Friday. I didn't use all 4 GB monthly but I'm barely off wifi. With the games and YouTube and Netflix it really sucks my battery life.  I have cellular data turned off most of the time til I leave my home. I turn off the brightness and the   Minutes to where it shuts off to save battery. The notifications and the background app refresh button are off. And fetching is on manual not hourly. Thanks

0 Likes
mac_20108

I had a galaxy note 3 prior to that. That was starting to crash a lot.

0 Likes
morgangirl03
Enthusiast - Level 1

I wish someone could explain to me why I have charges on all 4 lines at all hours in middle of the night as well as different times during the day when I know all 4 lines are connected to WiFi  . Although it may only be 0.000001 or a little more each time, but if you total that for all 4 lines each and every day/night of your billing cycle...I am sure it adds up. I am tired of not getting anywhere with Verizon on this. They reply with the same old..."what kind of phone do you have? Are you sure you are connected to WiFi"..I am not dumb. They give you the run around because they can't explain it either! I have resorted to turning off my cellular data each night...hope it helps in some small way.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

IT is normal to get very small amount periodic cellular data even when connected to wifi.   There is periodic polling of the device that cannot be done over wifi.  usually this check in is in 6 or 12 hour intervals if there is no phone use.  It is very small amounts.  

0 Likes