Home cell phone calls drop.
dukecati

Recently our connectivity on iPhobe 5S and 6S at our home location is only one bar. We cannot make cells calls from our home or when we receive a call the call always drops. I must ask people to call back on the land line. We have never had good cell service here but it has deteriorated recently and has become basically unusable. So I am paying too much for service that is poor.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Home cell phone calls drop.
Weth
Legend

5S does not support wifi calling on Verizon, but 6S definitely does.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

If you have home wifi, the 6s is wifi calling capable.  I don't know if the 5s is.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

5S does not support wifi calling on Verizon, but 6S definitely does.

0 Likes
rashadm_vzw
Verizon Employee

We always want to be sure you are getting the reliable service you deserve dukecati. Let's see what we need to do to get this resolved. Can you tell us approximately when this issue began? What is the zip code where you are located? Is issue only inside your home or do you have trouble outside as well?

RashadM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dukecati

Zip code is 94945. We have never had good cell phone service at this location either inside or outside the house. But more recently, within the last two months, it has gotten worse. Cell phone calls are really impossible here now, and it's the same with my wife's 6S or my 5S phone.

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

dukecati

Thanks for providing your zip code. After reviewing your area, I can see there are some variable coverage areas in your zip code. You mentioned this problem has worsened in the last two months. Have you or your wife tried removing and reinserting the SIM Cards http://vz.to/2fe2All in your devices to see if signal improves in and around your home? If not, please complete this troubleshooting step and keep me informed with your results.

AnthonyTa_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dukecati

Removing and replacing the Sim card did not help. Calls still drop.

0 Likes
ralpht_vzw
Verizon Employee

Randy, thank you for doing the troubleshooting. We will continue to work on a solution to get you better service at home. Your area has been identified as having marginal coverage, which means that service is a challenge.  Your cellular signal can be impacted by some of the following things: Terrain, hilly areas, heavy tree cover and building materials can all degrade signal or prevent signal penetration. For this reason, indoor services for cellular cannot be guaranteed.

A lot of people in your area have invested in one of our Network Extenders.  This is a signal boosting device that connects to the Wi-Fi in your home.  Follow the link for more information:  Samsung 4G LTE Network Extender - Verizon Wireless

Ralpht_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes