Horrible upgrade process
aikane78759
Enthusiast - Level 2

This has been the worst upgrade process!  So I had to pre-order my phone since the Verizon store only received THREE iPhone 6s Plus's within the 5 surrounding stores in my area (Three phones for a population of 1 million people.  Seriously why send any?).  With the pre-order, I was under a promo for a $200 cash back on my old phone.  18 days later, I received my new phone.   

Since I purchased the phone under a promo code that expired 5 days before I actually received the phone (on backorder which is no fault of mine) the promo code is no longer valid and therefore, Verizon did not send me a return label or a way to return my old device for the $200 credit.  I had to escalate to the rebate managers to get what was promised to me at purchase!  Thank you Verizon!  So I am having to pay the $200 upfront and wait a month before Verizon can get it together and send me a box, label, and promo code for a $200 credit (hopefully not a gift card where I have to make additional steps to use it)! 

It has been a week of problems upgrading the device and now trying to return my old phone. Seriously reconsidering Verizon and Apple.  Although the people at Verizon have been pleasant, the process has been a horrible experience. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Horrible upgrade process
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Unfortunately I don't see where you can blame Apple for Verizon not properly handling their own promotion knowing that some devices wouldn't be shipped until after their promo ended. They should have set it up in a way that if you ordered during the promotion dates the rebate would be recognized when your phone was received without all of the red tape. As far as that part of it goes it's all on Verizon

0 Likes
Devent2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Cant blame Verizon for Apple not providing enough Iphones is my opinions.

0 Likes
aikane78759
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did not think it was necessary to complain about the iOS problems here on the Verizon site.  It has been a rough week mostly due to Apple iOS changes (iTunes and iOS bugs). 

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

We can only go by what you complained about in this post. None of which has anything to do with iOS. You made it seem like everything you originally complained about was something that Apple was responsible for, which they aren't. It's all on Verizon and it is absolutely a legitimate gripe.

As far as iOS issues...there are tons of threads posted by those having issues so it's fine to post about those. Some things people may be able to suggest fixes for. Some are probably bugs you're stuck with until an iOS update that addresses it is released. I've been fairly lucky with iOS updates so far so most of the complaints people seem to have aren't problems I've experienced. Can't say why I've been spared...although I think a lot of iOS update issues come from problems during the transfer. OTA updates seem to get the most problems versus those that do it via iTunes (what I do just because it's been successful). Not saying that only those that do it OTA are the ones with issues but it looks like most that post about issues updated that way.

0 Likes