Hotspot not working after stating it's connected
Freckles08

Hotspot is not working. Apple tried 3 different phones with no success. Phone has been wiped out and not set up from iTunes or cloud then tried to reconnect using the hotspot still unsuccessful. Remove the device from the manage wireless network. No luck. Reset all network settings and erase all content settings. No luck. VZ removed the hotspot option from my phone plan and added it back. No luck. The hotspot says it is connected but my computer and other one I've tried stated no internet connection but my phone says it's connected.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Hotspot not working after stating it's connected
Freckles08

I have replaced the SIM card as well. I've been dealing with this issue since Feb. I'm not sure why the networking team has not contacted me directly. The people in tech support always guarantee me that they will follow up with me. However I do not hear back from anyone but my tickets are always closed. This baffles me! The hold times to speak with a rep is awful. Tired of holding with no results.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

What if you turn the hotspot on and have someone else's iphone or ipad connect. Does that work.

I suspect this is going to be a networking issue with the PCs and not the phone or Verizon. IF the above works, then that nails the issue.

0 Likes
Freckles08

No it does not connect another phone, iPad, or computer. Apple tried it in the store. They used their company's iPhone and it connected just fine with my computer, iPad, and the MacBook in the store. My coworker has a Verizon iPhone and her phone will connect my computer using her hotspot.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Did you talk to Verizon about it being something in your account?

0 Likes
Freckles08

Yes I've been dealing with them for months and no one can seem to resolve the issue. The rep in the store saw the same issue and also used his phone to connect with my laptop. He stated well I'm not a technician so you will need to call Tech Support because there is an issue.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Frustrating!  This is going to take a third level tech person I suspect. Hopefully someone from VZW chimes in and can help you with that.

0 Likes
Freckles08

It's very frustrating and disappointing for this issue to still exist.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Freckles08

This issue definitely has been going on for too long. I have sent you a direct message. Please respond back to me so we can review your account together.

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes