How Far Back Can Text Messages be Retrieved from iCloud?
PepperLilly

Before I go through the hassle, I'm just wondering how far back text messages are stored and can be retrieved from my iCloud. I'm trying to find deleted text messages from about four months ago.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How Far Back Can Text Messages be Retrieved from iCloud?
tbo27
Master - Level 2

When you first sync your device with Verizon Cloud, all text messages from the last 90 days will sync to the cloud. From that time, all new text messages sent or received on your device will also sync to the cloud.

When you switch to a new device, all your text messages that are saved in Verizon Cloud will restore to your new device.

Notes:

• The first time you sync to Verizon Cloud may take a long time, depending on how many text messages and how much other content you have to sync. The first sync should always be done over Wi-Fi and with your device connected to a wall charger.

• When you delete a text or multimedia message from your phone, it will also be deleted from the cloud.
0 Likes
PepperLilly

Thank you, but I'm referring to the iCloud that's operated by Apple. Not the Verizon Cloud.

I know that texts are still stored on the iCloud after being deleted from my phone, but my question is for how long?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You have to ask Apple.

0 Likes
PepperLilly

Why would I have to ask Apple when Verizon is my cell phone provider?

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

If your phone does auto backups to iCloud then once that backup occurs any deleted messages on your device will also be deleted in the iCloud.

As far as why you should contact Apple on this issue if you really need to...it's because Apple is the one that can address correctly any iCloud questions because it's their service. Just as you would need to contact Verizon about their cloud service if you were asking about it's capabilities.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

iCloud is owned and operated by Apple...  Verizon does NOTHING with iCloud.  It is independent from any carrier.

here is the terms and conditions for iCloud which you will see it's from Apple's own website.

here is their iCloud website which if you look at the bottom you will see everything Apple.

0 Likes
susanman

The answer here says that when you delete from your phone they are deleted from the cloud.  This isn't true.  I tried to use messaging on my tablet and every text message I ever sent started downloading.  I had to remove messaging from the tablet to get it to stop.  It was pinging on and on. 

So, since it's not true that if it's deleted from the phone, the texts are deleted from the cloud, how do you delete from the cloud?

0 Likes