How can I select the default greeting for a voicemail for the iPhone 4s?
nnd217
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am wanting to set up the voicemail feature for my iPhone 4s. (I have had this phone for years but never enacted a voicemail!) However, I am having trouble. When I click on the phone settings in my phone, the only options I have in regards to voicemail is to set up or change the password. I am not given the option to set up a voicemail. Whenever I try to set up the voicemail by dialing *86, I am given only the options of changing my password or to set up a custom greeting. I am not able to select the default/standard greeting as it is not mentioned. I am wondering how I can go about this. I am not sure why I don't have the options already available in my phone automatically or why it is not provided as an option when I call to set it up.

Any help with this?

Thank you!!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can I select the default greeting for a voicemail for the iPhone 4s?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
nnd217, Help is here! The 4S is a great device, sorry to learn that you are having trouble with setting up the VM default greeting. I should be able to shed some light on this situation. If you go to your phone icon, as if you were making a call, you should see the voicemail icon down at the bottom right. Once you select that, in the upper left corner there is an option that says Greeting, so ahead and select that. From there you have two choices, default and Customer. If you select default there will be a check mark in that box, then hit save. You should now have your default greeting in place. If you do not have that or continue to have issues with it, please let me know! Thanks!  ErinW_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

Re: How can I select the default greeting for a voicemail for the iPhone 4s?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
nnd217, Help is here! The 4S is a great device, sorry to learn that you are having trouble with setting up the VM default greeting. I should be able to shed some light on this situation. If you go to your phone icon, as if you were making a call, you should see the voicemail icon down at the bottom right. Once you select that, in the upper left corner there is an option that says Greeting, so ahead and select that. From there you have two choices, default and Customer. If you select default there will be a check mark in that box, then hit save. You should now have your default greeting in place. If you do not have that or continue to have issues with it, please let me know! Thanks!  ErinW_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!